Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thank You Kindly...

I just wanted to thank all of the lovely ladies who stopped-by my stall today at the Vintage & Handmade Textile Fair.
It was wonderful to chat to such kind supportive women, several of whom mentioned my blog - There have been times when I've considered closing it - With so many other temptations out there such as Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter etc to captivate, (most of which require a fancy mobile phone to get the most out of them, which is something I do not process), I'd personally still rather post on my blog...provided there's someone out there visiting now and then! I think a blog can say so much more than other social networking sites. 
I've always found it a great icebreaker...Its easy for fellow vintage-lovers to strike up a conversation when they already knows your interests or loves...and it becomes like chatting with old friends. 
Anyway, once again I've met some lovely people and sold a few items too...For which I am very grateful as every sale counts more than ever these days...
I hope you will enjoy your purchases! :) - Its always a joy to sell a handmade item - Please be assured that they are made with love and care :)  and a bit of vintagey loveliness included too!

My purchase from the day was a little treat for myself - One of Gertie's handmade  brooches - So tiny, perfect and pretty! Yum! 
Hope you've had a nice day too!
Niki x

16 comments:

  1. Althought I don't always have time to leave a comment I love reading aboutwhat you've been making and displaying in your lovely shop. If only you were a little nearer I'd love to visit, maybe one day, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are still blogging
    I don't always comment , but I always visit
    AND
    I love your Pinterest too !
    I wish I could visit you , and your see your shop !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki if I lived in your neck of the woods your shop would be a regular hang out for me (seriously). I very much enjoy visiting your blog (its in my favorites) regularly though I don't always leave a comment. I hope you do keep it going (and breaks every now and then from posting are certainly recommended). Personally Pinterest drives me crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good day. Wish I was a bit nearer then would visit.
    The brooch is so sweet.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:39 pm

    Although I do not always leave a comment I love browsing through your posts.. so inspiring..and if I am ever down your way I would love to visit your shop
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lo Niki, desperately wanted to visit today but work got in the way.. Although I didn't make it, your blog feeds the senses and inspires the mind. Please keep going, one post a week is better than not at all. Frances x

    ReplyDelete
  7. noooooooo...don't stop blogging!
    I don't do fb or any of the others (enough time spent at the keyboard as it is!) and I for one would REALLY miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't stop blogging. Every time you post I look! I don't do facebook, I don't twitter, and what is instagram.......?
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to come on your blog and see your pictures of new items, .. so many pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i truly love your blog, makings , home and shop life...sorry ive become bad at leaving so many comments, but im sure so many love your posts ;0)x
    p.s i love the idea of instagram but i too do not own a flashy phone ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Niki, Have been thinking of you and how it was going - I so would have loved to come. Luckily, the next date is fixed, otherwise I would have been even more sad. Are the pictures of your stand or from the shop? Must be from the fair, Colette is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently found your website. I will be visiting regularly, it is now my second favorite!!
    Diane in VA-USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's no place like blog Niki ... for all the fancy phones in the world, looking at lovely pictures in a margin of about 2 inches if your lucky just doesn't float my boat ... May you continue to post.

    Best wishes Ginny xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your blog and talk about your friends. I read it several years.I have very beautiful things and I am sorry that I do not live in England and I can not come to your store. I live in Moscow. I also have a blog. Maybe it will be interesting. He had little
    http://vkus-karameli.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep on blogging! Lovely, interesting posts! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I greatly enjoy your lovely creations and creativity. I have been so inspired by your dolls and many other handmade items. It's a joy to read your blog....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx