Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Last Flea Finds of 2012.

Last weekend I attended my last flea market of 2012.
I've not had time to photograph all of my purchases, as life here is busy, as I am sure it is for you too - So I shall make this brief so as not to keep you too long!
A lovely bouquet of flowers from my MIL, after Saturday's visit.
One of my favourite finds on Sunday was this vintage handmade wooden horse on wheels. I love his naive paint effect, which makes him look rather like a zebra. And the festive red and green accents make him perfect as a centrepiece to my stall for the Vintage Christmas Bazaar on Saturday - He's just the right size for one of my rag dolls to sit on.

Kitsch plastic Christmas trees to line up on my stall too.
Heading for my shop tomorrow is this beautiful Victorian print in an ornate frame. 
I also picked up some French fabric, lace and trims, brooches, two union flags, a beautiful fur collar and some terracotta pots that I have plans for. More of those another time... if I have time!
Two pieces that have found a home with us are:
This cute c1930's pyjama case.
Perfect for a certain little girl's bedroom...
And this little shelf unit, which will also find itself in our smallest bedroom. I'm going to use it to display all of the old nursery toys on. A coat of eggshell paint and it already looks much better. One more coat then it just needs hubby to put it up on the wall for me. 
***
Just to change the subject...I wanted to include a mention of my eldest daughter. She has always been a Tolkien fan (which may be obvious by the title of her blog) and has watched the LOTR films over and over. Now living in New Zealand she is in the ideal location for all the latest on the next set of thee movies of The Hobbit. Yesterday she was lucky enough to go to the first public screening of the film - An Unexpected Journey. This morning she has made it onto the official Weta weekly email - That's her on the bottom photo dressed as Bilbo in the red jacket and curly wig(!), with her partner to her left!
***
Have as great day...I'm off to my own fantasy world to finish making fairy folk for Saturdays fair,
Niki x

5 comments:

  1. ...oh oh oh.....gorgeous finds....really love your pyjama case and the horse on wheels...your stall will look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little horse is so sweet - lovely find!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog, and it's gorgeous! I love finding things and giving them a new lease of life. Definitely one I will be following. Take care. Chel @ Sweetbriar Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dolly is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention Mum! We had such a great time at the first public screening of The Hobbit, and the movie itself is incredible!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx