Friday, April 20, 2012

Vintage Bazaar - Frome

Sorry, I'm a bit late with this - I've been very busy in the shop today...then I've only just finished packing my car ready for...

Tomorrow, when its the Vintage Bazaar at Frome's Cheese and Grain - 9am - 3pm. More details here.
I'm going for a patriotic look to my stand this time - Lots of red, white and blue in celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics coming to London in the summer!
I made this patchwork cot quilt for my 'second-born' back in the late 1980's, which I intend to use as a table-cover for my stall...
But recently I've been working hard making a new collection of rag dolls for the bazaar, each dressed in antique/vintage fabrics and trims, so that each special doll is a true one-off.
Here's the line-up...
Liberty.

*
Bethany.

*
Hope.

*
And Scarlet.
The patchwork cushion in the background, made from rare antique French fabrics, is also coming with me.
And so is this one!
*
I have two of my medium-sized rag dolls too.
This one is called Jubilee!
And the other is Britt.
*
Then there's the fairy folk...
This one is Olympia.
*
And this one, Blighty!
*
A few other pieces that I've made in other colour-schemes, include a fallen angel dressed in antique lace.
*
I've made two flapper girl style hat stands...
One in black and grey...

And another with a beautiful gold silk-velvet cloche.
I shall also be offering my wonderful plaster half mannequin for sale...I'm trying not to think too much about the prospect of losing her to someone else...so if she doesn't sell on Saturday...then I know I'm supposed to keep her! ;-))
I've also given a simple make-over to this little flapper girl...
A plume of ostrich feathers and some velvety violets give her a new look.

I've made another torso pillow - I had such lovely feedback (dated January 19th) from the lady that bought my other one, that I have been meaning to make more for ages...
Here's a close-up of the details.
I'll be taking lots of vintage goodies as well as these handmade items along with me, including some scrap fabrics that I am constantly asked for(!), which I have packaged in boxes this time. Hope to see you there if you are able - Its always such a fabulous fair with an awesome array of lovely things! I can't wait to go shopping! ;-))
Have a perfect weekend,
Niki x

5 comments:

  1. It all looks fabulous Niki. I so love your beautiful dolls, fairies and cushions. They are just so pretty!

    Alas we aren't going, but I do hope you have the most fabulous time my dear.

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful work...you have been busy:) Good luck at the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful 'ladies' you have for sale. Hope you have a lovely an successful day.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such fun browsing through the photos! Thanks for sharing Niki and I love the bouquet!!
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that all your beautiful girls find lovely new homes...they are wonderful!
    Hope the day goes well.
    Warm Wishes,
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx